Thursday 2 April 2009

Lent IV at the Resurrection - High Mass and Confirmation


Apologies for my tardiness in posting these photographs, which came to me about a week ago from the Church of the Resurrection in NY, in some senses a sister church of S. Magnus (for instance, I enjoy checking the Parish's lush Ordo Kalender, which hangs on my kitchen wall, every day).

These are pictures from the Mass of Lent IV which was sung by the Rt. Rev. E. Don Taylor, who also administered the Sacrament of Confirmation, both rites according to the old formulas contained in the English Missal and and the Pontificale respectively.



The bishop is received at the door of the church. Bishop Taylor is 72, a native of Jamaica, and was formerly Bishop of the Virgin Islands. He has been an auxiliary bishop in New York, where he has area responsibilities in Manhattan, the Bronx and Staten Island, since 1989, and is of definite Catholic views and sensibility.







Clearly the good people of the Resurrection know how to behave around a bishop - see them drop to their knees as he blesses them.

















More to come later, when I will update the post!!!

1 comment:

  1. I never expected to see a picture of myself on this blog. Ha!

    ReplyDelete