Tuesday 25 May 2010

*** EVENT: Corpus Christi @ S. Magnus UPDATED***


Well it certainly has been a while since I've logged into the old Ex Fide. With profuse apologies I must explain myself: I've taken on a new job which leaves far less time to plan and write blog posts. I'm also reluctant to spend my evenings and weekends waiting for blogger to load my photos up.

Anyway, I have the great joy of announcing an upcoming event at S. Magnus (we've been having many recently, and wonderful they've been). This year we are keeping the Feast of Corpus Christi "on the day" as it were, and celebrating it with High Mass and Procession of the Most Blessed Sacrament at 6.30pm on June 3rd. I understand that this might clash with other regular Corpus Christi celebrations, perhaps your parish church, or some shrine that you visit regularly. However, I must urge you to consider S. Magnus this year. In the past (especially due to our location in the city) we have not always been able to summon servers and faithful on a weekday evening. However, as a confident, growing congregation, we now have the resources to offer the rites of the Feast on the Thursday. We're hoping for brilliant weather as we walk with Our Lord through the historic streets of the City, and we cordially invite you to join us in our celebrations.


THE FEAST OF CORPUS CHRISTI

THURSDAY JUNE 3RD 2010

HIGH MASS AND PROCESSION OF THE M. Bl. Sacrament

6.30pm

*Petite Messe Solenelle by Bordese & motets by Lorenzo Perosi*

Preacher: The Rev. Andrew Zihni,
Minor Canon of S. George's, Windsor

The Church of S. Magnus the Martyr,
Lower Thames St.
London

Nearest tube stations: Monument/Bank, London Bridge
http://www.stmagnusmartyr.org.uk/

5 comments:

  1. Hi Joseph

    It's great to see you back and I hope the new job is going well. This sounds like it could be a wonderful event, but it would be helpful to know the mass setting and what other music will be played. I have checked on the website which hasn't been updated since Easter. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dan, I've updated the post with the information you require. I now expect to see you there ;-)

    We don't have a webmaster at the moment......we're working on a complete overhaul of the website...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to have you back! I've been checking regularly.

    Nice maniples on Sunday; and glad to see the preacher remove his to preach.

    Although perhaps they had been mixed up as the deacons appeared to have more tassles than the Priests! never seen tassles on maniples before.

    Best wishes
    Robert

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should have introduced yourself....

    They must have been all tassley equally. They were all the same when I last checked. It's a spanish set. maniples can be as ornate as needs must.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Joseph

    The music looks great - I look forward to seeing you there and I will come and say hello ;)

    ReplyDelete